It’s time to dive into some spooky real-life facts that might send shivers down your spine.
1. Sharks have been around for at least 420 million years, meaning they have survived four of the “big five” mass extinctions. That makes them older than humanity, older than Mount Everest, older than dinosaurs, older even than trees. Yet we could potentially see them extinct in our lifetime
2. Egyptian mummies wouldn’t be so rare today if the Victorian British hadn’t eaten most of them.
3. You have no way of really knowing if everyone experiences reality and consciousness the same way you do.
4. Cotard’s syndrome, also called “walking corpse syndrome,” is a condition wherein the patient believes they are dead, dying, missing parts of their bodies, or don’t exist.
Some people with Cotard’s syndrome may stop speaking or eating since they believe they’re dead.
5. “It’s quite common after you die to burp a lot as you have more gas build up. Dead bodies can also sit up on their own sometimes.”
6. Bacteria and viruses can be frozen for millions of years and still be viably infectious, and having never encountered humanity before, could have no end of catastrophic results should they be uncovered and manage to infect a person or animal.
Not to worry though, it’s not like millions of ancient pathogens are currently trapped in permafrost which is now melting bit by bit each and every day…
7. The smell of a freshly cut lawn is actually a chemical distress signal released from the grass as it’s cut.
You’re smelling the souls and screaming of the innocent.
8. One reason why crows and ravens are associated with death is because they would often follow armies as they marched into battle. Being both carrion birds and extremely intelligent, they realized that a large group of armed men marching in one direction meant that there would be a tasty meal of corpses to eat soon afterward.
9. “Ducks become cannibals due to boredom, of all reasons. They can only be stopped by cutting off their ‘mouths’!”
10. “CNN has had a pre-recorded broadcast from the 90’s which they will premiere during the end of the world.”